Monday, September 23, 2013

Mat Som Oleh Lat




Yes, I'm gonna talk about another comic.
And there's probably gonna be more where that come from.

Anyways, this is a Malaysian Comic Book that my mom got as a present from one of the patients that she was taking care off. It being from Malaysia, it was in Malay and I had a really really hard time trying to read it(Not being good in your second language, doesn't help either) And again, it was a completely new experience as I've been reading only the Tintins and the Garfields and the Asterixs which were all from Europe/America. 

I noticed that Lat(yup,that's the cartoonist name) uses colors only for his cover page of his many comics. While everything else inside would be inked black and white. 

Personally, I feel that I related to this comic more than the others is because of the realism that the characters portray in the comic. From the fact that it doesn't have gun fights or chase scenes. To having magic potions for super strength. It focuses on the daily things that we normally would do. Like how we get up in the morning for either work/school, friends, the crowded bus rides, the pressure of society, marriage, family,

Guess it's closer to home this time huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment