Monday, September 30, 2013

Snap.

It happened on Saturday during football training. I was doing some goalkeeping drills and one of the drills being the coach had the shoot the balls at a distance and I had to catch and hold on to it. 
It was my turn and things were going well till the last two balls, I was feeling a little tired from the drills and I wasn't really paying attention to the movement of the ball. Before I could re-adjust my hand position, the ball came into my grasp and I felt a little sting on my finger.

My turn was over and I went to make a fist to keep the blood circulating. And I noticed that all of my fingers went down except my right ring finger. Decided to take off my gloves and saw that my right ring finger was slanted at an angle. 

Before I knew it, I was in an A/E having a operation. The Doc managed to pop the bones back into place and decided to put a metal cast. Plus I needed to see him at a given date and need to get a MRI scan to check whether the bone is still place. So, I thought maybe that was it right? 

No. It wasn't.

I came back to see the Doc on the given date and I needed to get the MRI scan first before seeing him. I did all of that and the Doc said that my ring finger was still swollen and the bone actually got shifted even more with the bloody cast on. To make things worst, the doc also said that there was a small crack on the joint area. And I needed to go for another operation. A even bigger one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment