Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Many, Many Adventures of Tintin


Remember in the Garfield post where I said that the other reasons gets their own review? Well, this is one of them. Yup, it's Tintin. The young orange-haired reporter with his trusty white dog named Snowy. 

Back in Primary School, I didn't have many friends and often times, I would spend my recess time all by myself. So, I had my Garfield comic with me right? Yup but after reading it over the weeks, I thought maybe I could find more Garfield comics in the school library. And it was air-con, so I figured  Hey,why not?

I got there but I couldn't find any Garfield comics anywhere. But I did find this GIGANTIC A3-sized comic book with the title "THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN THE SECRET OF THE UNICORN".

And back then, I was probably the first time I've seen a book that big. I flipped through it and I noticed that it wasn't a three-panel comic like Garfield. It had many panels with really detailed buildings and backgrounds. It has action scenes, gunfights, car chases. It has this realistic-cartoonish tone to it? Kinda like a own 'style' to it. Flushed out characters. Good chemistry between the characters. And a really good story to back it up. Things that I wouldn't see in a Garfield-comic. 
I grew to love it over time as I spend my many recesses in the library, reading Tintin comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment