Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Lazy, Fat but Lovable cat, Garfield


Garfield. He's lazy. He's fat. He's grouchy. He loves no one but himself. But he's probably one the few reasons why I'm into an animation stream now. The other reasons? They'll get their own posts.
Back in Primary School, I didn't like reading books, maybe it was because the thickness of the books would put me off. And also, our Primary School kept emphasizing that it was very important to read books as it helps with the Vocabulary and Pronunciation. So, whenever we have the chance, our teachers would ask to take out our books to read. 
But no, I didn't wanna do that, I didn't wanna read books like the Hardy Boys or Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I wanted something with pictures to tell a story. 

I wanted something different from a story book or a picture book.

And so at the starting of a new school year, my English teacher took out a box of books from the cupboard for us to read every time we have English lesson. And I found a small white rectangular Garfield book at the very top of the box. It wasn't too thick nor was it too thin. I flipped through and I found this three-panel comic with Garfield in it. It was in the box that my ENGLISH TEACHER CHOSE. So why not? I thought.
I began reading page by page, day by day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment